A lot of folks don’t know the natural benefits of raw foods. So let’s open up discussion on one of them; beets.
Historically, these bad boys have been described as medicine, not just food. A true testament to their full potency. Here are my Top 11 points that should encourage you to pour a glass of natural beet juice every once in awhile.
11 Reasons To Drink Beet Juice
- Beets contain betalains. Two of which, betanin and vulgaxanthin contain loads of goodness, including antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and detoxification properties.
- 1 Cup of raw beets contains just 58 calories and 2g of Protein
- 1 cup of raw beets contain 6% DV of iron
- Lower blood pressure! Beets contain nitrates. Research shows that the high number of nitrates will immediately lower your blood pressure.
- Detox! Beet juice will help detoxify your liver, dump toxins and rebuild liver cells. Boom. Rad.
- Prevent premature aging! Lycoprene will help keep your skin elastic, so beets help prevent aging
- Energy! That nitric oxide produced from the nitrates will help you boost energy
- Lower blood sugar! Those dang soluble fibres found in beets help aide in reducing glucose in the blood stream.
- Improve sexual performance! Those nitrates are back at it. When they get converted to nitric oxide that stimulates blood flow.
- May help arthritis and joint pain
- Helps to improve cognitive function. You will reduce your chances of dementia due to increased blood flow from the high amounts of nitrates found in beet juice.
Want to improve your nutrition this spring? Get at me for a free 30 day trial of my remote coaching at mikeschwartz.ca/trial
As always, stay sweet my loves.